Saturday, May 14, 2011

Meeting with co-superivsor



I have a short discussion with Dr. Kala at Puncak Alam for the last 2 days. Dr Kala is my co-supervisor for my research. She mainly guide me on molecular techniques; DNA extraction, PCR, DGGE, Phylogenetic tree....etc...

I went there on Thursdsay, basically to discuss on Primers. Ive constructed a table which i list out the microorganisms identified together with the primers. At 1st, i dont actually understand what im looking for in those journals with the molecular techniques but after a the discussion with her.. Now only I know there are PCR and real time PCR. I have to read a lot, more and more on topic. I now know what kind of primers that I have to look for and etc...Well, at least Ive learnt somethinG.

Meeting on friday was also mainly discussing on primers. Finally we already have a list of primers to check on..Need to check on the price 1st...

The lists of primers, it will need a pair of primers; forward and reverse..
  1. DFM140, DFM842
  2. DBB121, DBB1237
  3. DBM169, DBM1006
  4. DSB127, DSB1273
  5. DSV 230, DSV 838
  6. GM3F, GM4R
  7. F341GC, R518
which is quite a lot right? huhu but my problem is, I cant continue yet with DGGE coz of the clamp..spoiled already and still waiting. Still waiting since nov last year...huhuhu

Hope that at least I can get the clamp by the end of the year and proceed with the identification of sulphate reducing bacteria..!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...