Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cutting off the biokube for another reactor

Placing more and more biokube that have been cut off

Placing the biokube inside reactor

Biokube have been cut off

Measuring the exact length before cutting it

Emmmm...I got another reactor, so I figured out to start to use it to grow biofilm. Just in case my earlier reactor set up have probs...So first, I need to unscrewed the reactor, then only I can fit in the biokube. But wait! heheh Have to cut off the biokube 1st. I got this biokube from one of the company dealing with wastewater treatment plant. It doesnt matter where lah I got it,
so I cut off the biokube into small pieces that is just nice to fit in the reactor...but cutting it off is just so "ma fan" (menyusahkan in Cantonese)..hehehe my hand hurt a lot..huuhuh but finally Im done with it..14 pieces all together, so I place it all in the reactor just like in the picture above and done! Tomorrow, Im going to fill it up with wastewater and add some acetate just to look at the difference between the biofilm reactor with/without acetate. Acetate is actually the food for the bacteria, if there is no acetate added, the bacteria can still grow but slow..By adding acetate, the biofilm will grow even faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...